WHAT IS A REPRAP?
RepRap stands for Replicating Rapid Prototyper. The RepRap project was created in 2005 by Dr Adrian Bowyer, a senior lecturer in mechanical engineering at the University of Bath, United Kingdom. The goal of the project is to create a pure self-replicating device, in this case a 3D Printer, that will become ever more useful and so ensure its own evolution and distribution.
A RepRap Printer can print a percentage of its component parts. As important in many ways, is its ability to create useful products from digital designs. You can design and print products using a standard PC and a 3D Printer. You can even download product designs from the Internet and kickstart your own manufacturing revolution. This 'Portable Factory' concept will change the lives of many and the introduction of low cost DIY 3D Printers will herald in a new era of personal manufacturing.
ABOUT REPRAP CENTRAL:
We sell 3D printers, 3D Printer kits, parts and accessories around the World. We are based in Sussex, United Kingdom and have a wide range of Customers, from interested beginners to seasoned professionals, Companies, Schools, Colleges and major Universities worldwide. Wherever you are in the World, you can be sure of great prices, service and support.
We would like to thank Dr Adrian Bowyer for his goodwill and invaluable advice. Thanks also go to the World leading RepRap Project team whose work continues to inspire new developments across the globe.
Your privacy is important to us.
We have a number of payment methods you can use which include PayPal, Credit/Debit card payment and bank transfer, please contact us if you need further details.
We use PayPal as our payments processor giving you a safe and secure environment to use for purchasing. You do not need a PayPal account to make a purchase.
Please note, there is a minimum purchase order value of £19.99
We are currently working on an improved shipping system. If you have any queries at all, please Contact Us
For the United Kingdom:
- Delivery on smaller items (i.e ABS/PLA) within the UK £8.95, receipt within 3-5 Working days (subject to stock)
- Standard delivery on 3D Printer/Printer Kits is just £29.95
For the rest of the World:
- Free shipping within the USA on certain items, please contact us for details
- We would like to find the best possible rate for your location. Please contact us with details of your requirement using the 'Contact us' Menu option or the 'call for pricing' option
- We reserve the right to request a shipping supplement should shipping costs exceed those stated during the order process.
- Any claims for shortages or damages must be reported within 3 days of receipt of order.
- If your items are broken or defective for whatever reason, please contact us - we will always work with you to repair, replace components and/or fix any requests or problems that may arise.
3D PRINTER/FILAMENT USAGE:
- As with all electrical machines, common sense caution should prevail. The 3D Printer kit is NOT a toy and it contains small and sharp parts. Children can choke or suffocate by swallowing small objects. Keep all parts away from children and never leave printer/parts unattended. Disconnect printer from electricity source when not in use. Please note that the extruder generates a substantial amount of heat when in use.
- ABS Filament creates mild, tolerable fumes while being extruded. These fumes, while usually tolerable, may be dangerous for people (or pet birds) with chemical sensitivities or breathing difficulties.